Smoked Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Smoked cheddar cheese adds flavor to these delicious mashed potatoes. Make these smoked cheddar mashed potatoes for a special dinner or holiday meal.
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces smoked Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, ot to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley or chives, optional
Put potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and boil for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Mash the potatoes with the shredded cheese.
Warm the milk with butter in a saucepan or in the microwave. Add to the potatoes along with the pepper and salt, as needed. Add more milk if necessary and mash or beat until smooth. Spoon into a serving bowl and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley or chives, if desired.